What is it?
It is the way residents of Budbrooke can influence any physical development in the parish. Please click this link here which provides a complete explanation which is simplified below.
What does it do?
It allows Budbrooke to set out policies to specify how any development would be. These policies would on completion of the process become legal planning guidance specific to Budbrooke. These include:
- the design of any housing
- the openness of layout
- the tenancy of affordable housing, rented or in joint ownership
- the environmental and historical impact
- open spaces
- Community facilities
By doing this a developer must comply with our policies when building in Budbrooke.
How is it being done?
A team of people are working to develop a draft plan.
- Questionnaires have been issued and analysed and are being used to inform the draft plan
- Other groups including employers are also being asked for views
- The group will meet together regularly with aprofessional planning consultant to draft the plan
- Evidence will be gathered to support policies
- The draft plan will be presented to residents in September and October and residents comments will help to substantiate or amend the draft; including the Parish Show 13th
- This re-draft will be put to public examination by a Planning Inspector
- The final draft will be voted on in a referendum of Budbrooke residents.
Who is involved?
The team of 12 people working on the plan include Parish Councillors, volunteer residents and Kirkwells Planning Consultants. More information is available on the meeting notes.
What can you see from this page?
- Notes of meetings
- Questionnaires & Surveys, and raw data
- When available
- draft Neighbourhood Plan
- calendar of consultation events
“The important thing to remember is that Budbrooke Neighbourhood Plan will be Our Community Plan. It will be how we visualise Budbrooke developing over the next 14 years and how we can ensure that such development will be a good thing for Budbrooke, and not an eyesore.”
Chairman – Budbrooke Parish Council
Please click below the links to the various documents as and when they come available.